Overhead Door and Gate Technician
Harbour Door is an established and successful, family owned Victoria based business. For over 30 years we have been installing and servicing overhead doors and gate systems, for both residential and commercial clients, in the Greater Victoria area. Our small staff of dynamic employees works together within a team-oriented environment to exceed the expectations of our customers.
This position requires someone who is hardworking, personable, mechanically inclined and career oriented. Full training will be provided.
Key Responsibilities: To install, repair and maintain overhead / rolling doors and driveway gate systems.
What We Offer:
- Permanent, full-time employment – Monday thru Friday
- Competitive hourly wage of $20-$25 per hour to start
- We will provide training and skills for a trade that is always in demand
- Overtime and advancement opportunities available
- Benefit plan offered after probation period
- Specialized fully equipped company vehicle to take home everyday
- Gas card and cell phone allowance; Company branded clothing
- We offer paid training courses, from Camosun College, for welding and low voltage electricity, if required to enhance job performance
- We are supportive of Industry Certifications Programs
- Ability to work with a dedicated staff who are supportive and do quality work
While no experience is necessary, we do require the following:
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and a clean driver’s abstract (proof will be required)
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Mechanically and technically inclined
- Previous experience in the construction industry, or related trade, is desirable, if possible
- General construction knowledge
- Experience with power and hand tools
- Physically fit and able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Customer service skills
- Comfortable working at heights (ladders and lifts are sometimes utilized)
- Good communication and problem-solving skills; strong attention to detail
- Positive attitude and motivated; willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently and with others
Please send your cover letter and resume, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Overhead Door and Gate Technician”. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.